Okay. With only 4 more days to go, it’s time for my final predictions for Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows. You might remember this post, and I stand by what I said there (as a note, no, I have NOT read the leaked book and I give absolutely no credence to the so-called “epilogue” that’s been going around).
So, here’s the old & the new:
1. Harry is a Horcrux (see the linked post for my full explanation of this).
2. Harry is the last surviving descendant of Godric Gryffindor (see the linked post).
3. “R.A.B.” is Regelus Black, who died because he stole the locket Horcrux (see the linked post).
4. Neville Longbottom’s parents were tortured because they had helped Regelus hide the locket Horcrux.
5. Neville Longbottom will kill Bellatrix Lestrange — after seeing the movie for Order of the Phoenix and rereading the book, this is just too strong of a “justice” point to not be true. Neville’s done a lot of growing up in this series, and it would complete his story arc wonderfully.
6. Snape is evil. Purely, simply, no “good” person would murder another nor torture an innocent boy for 6 years, just because the boy happens to look like his father. He’s a self-serving, amoral toerag; he’s neither on Voldemort’s side nor on Dumbledore’s side, he’s been playing both sides off each other.
6a. It would be simply wonderful if Neville killed off Snape, too. Dumbledore’s line about “tyrants create their conquerors” just rings true here, and Neville’s the other boy whom Snape has belittled & tortured for the last 6 years. However, *Harry* couldn’t do it, I doubt Neville will.
7. Either Fred or George Weasley will die. That “U No Poo” thing marked them, because The Devil Cannot Bear To Be Mocked. Just one, though — you need the drama of the surviving twin in mourning.
8. Ron will also die — it’s either him or Hermione, and I think Hermione is JKR’s alter-ego in all this. And Ron’s the faithful sidekick with a red head instead of a red shirt. 😉
9. Harry — could go either way. My gut says he’ll live — he hasn’t gone through 7 years of hell versus Voldemort to simply cave in on the last book. Not to mention that his death would likely tank the merchandising for the next 2 films. On the other side, Harry couldn’t even manage to kill Snape, and now he’s going up against the Dark Lord? Um.
10. Dudley Dursley turns out to be a wizard. Guess what his deepest fear was? That Mummy & Daddy would find out what he could do. (okay, this one’s out on a limb, but hey…)
Okay. For those who haven’t seen the epilogue, I’m not going to rant about it here, on the slim off-chance that it is legit & I don’t want to spoil — save only to say that it reads like a horrid fangirl slashy thing. And while JKR is not the greatest writer in the world, she’s better than THAT.